Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Real Men Don't Hit

I am part of an organization at Pitt called SAVE (Students Against Violence through Education). In this group I hold a position on the executive board known as Special Events Coordinator. What does this mean? This means whenever we have huge things to plan, like Sexual Assault Awareness Week, I am in charge. This sounds all good and great (it is always nice to have a little authority) but there is a ridiculous amount of work to be done. I just found out today that I have to organize Domestic Violence Awareness month. That means that I have to organize a major project once a week to induce awareness in those who pass by. As it happens, Crawford County (the County I now inhabit) has the highest rate of domestic violence in Kansas. It is really important to raise awareness in hope of lowering the rate. Basically I am going to be crazy stressed out in October! Hopefully I don't have too many things like this put on my plate at once. At least all of my energy will be going to something that helps other people. Maybe it will save someones life...

No comments: